Continuing Professional Development for GPs
· Hot Topics in COPD
Friday 22nd November 09:30 – 16:30,, Saint Laurence Community Centre, SE6 2TS
One day workshop from first consultation to diagnosis and management hosted by Lewisham CEPN
· Persistent physical symptoms – managing complex patients in primary care
Consultants from Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley would like to invite you to a free evening event for GPs. The aim of this workshop is to focus on complex patients that GPs find difficult to manage from a diagnostic and therapeutic perspective. The agenda will cover:
- Diagnosis and management of patients with not specific symptoms when cancer is in the differential diagnosis; an holistic approach.
- Diagnosis and management of patients with persistent non-specific respiratory symptoms and use of exercise capacity test
- Diagnosis and management of patients with persistent non-specific symptoms and mental health assessment.
- Nutrition, lifestyle and functional medicine interventions in patients with multiple chronic conditions
Date: Tuesday 26 November, 7-9pm (talk starts at 7.15)
Location: Education Centre, 75-79 York Road, London, SE1 7NJ
This GP events carries two CPD points
Light supper and refreshments will be provided.
· Rethink, Mental Health Awareness in the Workplace
Thursday 28th November either 09:30, or 13:30, Saint Laurence Community Centre, SE6 2TS
Half day workshop for all primary care staff by Rethink the mental health charity hosted by Lewisham CEPN
If you have any questions or suggestions about GP educational events in Lewisham please contact Dr Alex Kitching, GP fellow for CPD, firstname.lastname@example.org