Forthcoming OHL training, conferences and other events
SHIP – Sexual Health in Practice training sessions
Sexual Health in Practice (SHIP) training is interactive, practical & peer-led training in sexual health, appropriate for all GPs, not just for those with a particular interest.
- Do you want to learn quick simple strategies to assess your patients’ sexual health risk?
- Find out why the use of speculae is plummeting!
- Are you all too aware of the reasons NOT to offer an HIV test?
- Do you worry about how to bring up the topic out of the blue?
SHIP training has been shown to change clinical practice and improve sexual health outcomes for patients. The sessions were designed and are taught by GPs, who understand the complexities, challenges and pragmatic approach of general practice. The content is based on the latest available evidence, and is tailored for the GP setting.
We will help you become confident in sexual health risk assessment and make meaningful changes to your clinical practice!
There are 2 sessions for GPs, you will need to have attended session 1 prior to attending session 2.
Session 1: Key issues in sexual health for GPs – Thursday 12th September 12:30-17:00`
- Update on STIs and testing in primary care, including which swabs to use and when
- When to and how to bring up sexual health in GP consultations
- Rapid sexual health risk assessment tailored for the GP consultation
- Management of STIs in the GP setting, including partner notification guidance
- Resources to take back to your surgery
2: HIV and viral hepatitis update – Thursday 19th September go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sexual-health-in-practice-ship-session-2-hiv-and-viral-hepatitis-update-registration-66259476879
- Up-to-date evidence of national and local trends
- Evidence of the advantages of diagnosing HIV & viral hepatitis in the GP setting
- Support for ‘normalising’ HIV testing and viral hepatitis in primary care
Can’t make the September Dates?
Lewisham GP Debate – Tackling the GP Crisis
Wednesday 23rd September – 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Lewisham Town Hall, 1 Catford Road, London, SE6 4RU
For more information and to reserve your place please click here
As part of our work to support GP Recruitment and Retention in Lewisham, we are holding a panel discussion and networking event to explore and debate the impact of the national GP crisis in Lewisham. Dr Clare Gerada, Joint Chair of the NHS Assembly and Medical Director at the Practitioners health Programme (pictured below) will deliver the key note speech. She will be joined by a panel of leading professionals in the field to discuss, debate and explore solutions to tackle the local impact of the national GP crisis.
The event takes place on Wednesday 25 September at 6.30 p.m. – 8.15 p.m at Lewisham Town Hall. For more information and to reserve your place please click here