Lewisham PCN Opportunities
Sevenfields PCN Health and Wellbeing Coach
37.5 hours per week. Flexible working and part time working considered (30 hrs or over) – Permanent/Secondment will be considered subject to approval.
Salary: £22,000 (+ 10% Employers Pension Contribution)
Sevenfields Primary Care Network (PCN) is one of the largest PCNs (of six) in Lewisham and is seeking to be a key driving force for improving community health and wellbeing in the neighbourhood. Our PCN is made up of 6 GP Practices serving a population of around 70,000 patients.
Our local population is somewhat older than other parts of Lewisham and contains several large care homes. It includes areas of extreme socioeconomic deprivation and the PCN is keen to find innovative ways of addressing the health challenges that accompany this.
As is the case elsewhere, Primary Care in Lewisham is under extreme pressure. The challenge for Sevenfields PCN is to work in partnership with our local practices, OHL and the Clinical Commissioning Group (South East London CCG) across the neighborhood to help shape and implement the transformation of Care in our locality ensuring that it can both survive and thrive while still contributing to the delivery of new models of care that are self-sustaining financially.
The post holder will have a key role in supporting our work in health promotion particularly in the work on diabetes prevention and control and will support the practices in this and other health promotion work.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient facing role to assess and treat patients using expert knowledge.
- To be responsible for the assessment of new patients with subsequent production and completion of individual care plans
- To coach and motivate patients through multiple sessions to identify their needs set goals and support them to implement their personalised health and care plan
- To work with patients and to understand their level of knowledge, skills and confidence when engaging with their health and well-being.
- To liaise with the practices and, where practicable, to standardise processes across the PCN.
- To promote health coaching and social prescribing amongst the PCN and networked practices and to support colleagues to improve their skills and understanding of personalised care.