The Lewisham Psychological Support Service
For more information on the service and each elements click on the word links below
Supporting the Mental Health of residents in Lewisham
Online Sleep programme – Sleepstation:
Sleepstation is recommended for those who have had sleep problems (eg Insomnia) for at least 4 weeks and which has affected your daily functioning.
It is a web based service delivering a 6-8 week Interactive Cognitive behavioural therapy(CBTi) programme and is entirely online. The CBTi is NICE recommended as a first line approach for chronic insomnia.
You will be supported and guided through the programme by sleep coaches and sleep experts..
It can be completed at your pace and you are supported by sleep experts via a message service throughout the programme.
There is no waiting list so can be accessed immediately
Sleepstation eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for this service you must be over 18 and have access to a mobile/computer and the internet regularly. It is also not suitable for those with complex mental health problems and those sleep problems associated with pregnancy or shift working.
Full eligibility criteria: You are…
- Aged 18 or over
- Registered with Lewisham GP
- Able to read, hear and understand English
- Able to access a mobile device/computer & have regular access to the internet
- Aren’t experiencing sleep problem derived from pregnancy or variable sleep patterns.
- Not under the care of a psychiatrist
- Not receiving CBT elsewhere.
- Also not suitable for the programme if they have any of the following conditions: Epilepsy, Bipolar disorder, mania, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia or a personality disorder, severe and untreated generalised anxiety, history of psychosis/psychotic episodes, seizures or PTSD or parasomnias.
If you are registered with a Lewisham GP and believe Sleepstation would be of benefit to you, please check you meet all the suitability criteria and if you do, you can access the service by – clicking here
If you unsure about any of the criteria please consult with your GP.