This week is #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
If you are having issues related to how you are feeling or thinking, sleeping, or difficulties due to life events or circumstances, then the Lewisham Psychological Support Service could help you.
This is the name we have given to a group of psychological services that are available (as part of a pilot) to support with whatever you are going through.
The services is delivered in partnership with a range of Mental Health Professionals and is supported by all the GP Practices in Lewisham.
The service runs alongside other psychological services, such as the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme, and can provide you with support for issues such as low mood, anxiety, sleep problems, stress, workplace issues, loneliness, relationship difficulties, grief (to name only a few).
The support is available in a number of different formats and approaches so that it fits into your life and your need:
- Sleepstation– online support for Insomnia,
- Daylight – a digital app to help manage Anxiety & Worry,
- Relate Hub – a signposting service to appropriate counselling options,
- The Awareness Centre – short term 1-2-1 video counselling.
The Psychological Support services are:
- Free to access – for support for low mood, stress/anxiety and insomnia,
- Fast – our services have little or no waiting time, we can even provide support whilst you awaiting other services such as IAPT,
- Convenient – available at times to suit you, including working hours, evenings and weekends,
- No wrong door – no bounce back to GPs, if we can’t help we will find someone who can!
To access these services you can either:
- be referred by your GP,
- or self-refer.
Ask your GP or find out more and how to self-refer at : https://onehealthlewisham.co.uk/psychological-support-service/