One Health Lewisham is introducing a new general practice Home Visiting Service in Lewisham. The service intends to relieve the pressure to support GP Practices as well as deliver high quality care in the community to individuals that are housebound.
Practices will be able to refer into the Paramedic-led service to conduct home visits for housebound patients. Both the Paramedic Practitioner and Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) will work across the borough to conduct acute and routine home visits using specialist EMIS software to access and write into patient records.
The service will promote collaborative working between primary care and community services.
Key features of the service:
- Paramedic-led service
- 1 Paramedics, 1 advanced paramedic and 1 ANP for year 1 Home Visiting for housebound patients across Lewisham
- Acute and chronic care to provide high quality service for patients and reduce demand on overstretched GPs
Aims & Outcomes of the Service:
The Service aims to:
- Support GP Practices with the increasing demand pressures
- Deliver rapid assessment and treatment to housebound patients
- Reduce unnecessary A&E attendances and emergency admissions
- Prevent crisis through early proactive intervention and forward planning
- Provide rapid effective clinical support to the population of Lewisham
- Ensure timely and effective communication with local GP Practices
- Promote a patient-centred approach and integrate care
- Provide preventative care for housebound patients with chronic conditions, by providing their care planning, annual review, and medication review and blood testing (including QLink with the emerging Primary Care Networks and ‘at scale’ working
We are currently recruiting for two roles within the service.